Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Loving by Numbers



We were following the signs.

Living by them and waiting for the fall.

We waited so well and patiently
Beginning and end - serendipity.

A start which was an intended end.
With a promise never to be seen again.
I fought those odds quoted, and won.

There was little to be said, and more felt;
In our little mobile world in which we dealt
Blows of sensation in bodily competition
With sighs of defeat; but never consternation.
I will miss the mirrored guilt of submission.

There were times when we found freedom
No dread of the future, as we saw them -
Parental censure and binding dodged.
Against the world, it seemed we fought
We fought the good fight, a little too well
Against each other, against ourselves
Wasted times, as I see them now.
What's done is done, anyhow.

All that begins must soon end.
The pain that seems to make our hearts rend.
The separation that comes by mutual consent
One we wouldn't have fathomed ere this dent
In our happy discord, our lovely personal chaos
Full of hope, love, and hilarious pathos
If the question is one of whom to blame
Neither of us can make that claim
To you, then, I dedicate this feeling
The one before which I'm constantly kneeling
My spirit stands strong, and I hope that lasts -
But you're the one who put it to task.
Never forget who I was.

1 comment:

Recher_she said...

So wonderfully special some numbers can be
They would be noticed, had you not asked me to see.
Other special ones do, on the line to infinity, lie -
But through their own greatness, they cannot, the lunar month occupy.
In similar, but not the same, ways
Oracles cannot be bound by dates.
We will find what we so ardently seek.
That's a promise. Yours, Geek.