Monday, July 23, 2007

Dreams.


Things aren't quite as I wished they'd be. But they're still happy. Things still move, and we still move with them - ideas, hopes, dreams, and memories. All the things that one creates in the mind, but each are things which are so extremely tangible to us that many would give their lives for them.

I've discovered Haiku recently. It's given me the ability to write poetry without having to think. It's too easy. Just spill out three lines, the first and the third being the same length, with the middle line being shorter; and none should rhyme, or be connected. Or, so I was told. I've been writing such silly doggerel all over my notebooks, because it's far more interesting than Administrative Law, at the very least. And don't get me started on my Civil Procedure classes.

I've had the recent experience of being asked out on Orkut, and it has made me question some of my most fundamental beliefs about human beings. My profile clearly lists me as committed. Furthermore, the individual in question stated (on a public scrapbook) that the reason for her attraction to me involved me preventing her from making sandwiches when a group of us had been at her establishment, and the other greedy pigs had started demanding the aforementioned snacks as their right.

Now, why on EARTH would anyone even DREAM that such a thing would create any kind of bond between us? Yet, that is the stuff some dreams are made of. Flights of fancy, great overarching thoughts that we dream connect things that are otherwise entirely different and distant, relative to each other. The connections that we seek to make, we desire to make, are made in dreams. The things we are, and the things we hope to be, and the things we dread, and the things that our waking mind cannot conceive ...

That is the stuff that dreams are made of.

4 comments:

Anamika said...

hey, so some poor girl asked you out..
Reminds of not so long ago, when I tried something very similar. Scarily so. So, is the story moving? Or is it haikus from now on?

Vipul Nanda said...

The story's moving, it's just that Haikus are easier. I also got told that the rhyme scheme's different, so I shall attempt the new style at the earliest. :-)

Raman Jit Singh Chima said...

And to think that the haiku's were because of something that I suggested in relation to the duo :-)

Also, do remember that being hit on isn't that bad unless the other person refuses to get that you're not interested..

Igirit said...

Haiku? Not bad.

Show me some.