Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh, Dearie Me.


Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Which means that if catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults. Interesting thing to note, is it not? That which you to deny to someone, you allow someone else to have. A someone else you do not have control over, a someone else who does not listen to you.

We deny ourselves things each and every day. We deny ourselves happiness. Experiences. Experimentation. Each and every day. Every instant. Is that fair? Should we allow others to have all of that which we do not have? Sure, there are parents, annoying teachers, self righteous friends, and lady preachers (incidentally, I liked that rhyme); I see roommates spending quality time with lady Mary Jane; I see people spending money and lying to parents to get back in the game. I see people being weak and going for admiration; I miss the strong people and the non-adulation.

I don't like the way the human race seems to be growing. I can't say I agree with the way people are taking the easy way out. I don't like the way that people are giving up thinking for pleasure. I don't like the fact that beauty is trumping brains.

I think the human race is evolving out of intelligence. I'm going to miss my sanctuary.

No comments: